Saturday, April 19, 2014

New Wallpaper

One of the ways I've been busying myself lately is by building a new desktop computer. It's way faster than my last model, and seems way more stable. Hopefully it'll also be able to run games that are more complicated than FTL. It'd become a bit of a tradition among my electronic devices that I give them network names that are Batman-themed, but make the wallpaper Superman-themed. I was having a bit of trouble settling on a new image that I really liked for the wallpaper this time, so I ended up making one. It started with this José Luis García-López image, which I already have on a fridge magnet:


I was surprised to find that on an image search, since I kind of assumed the weird clipart rainbow was added in by whomever made the magnets. I did a little Photoshop surgery, and came up with this nice, minimalist wallpaper background--sized for a 1280x1024 screen. Feel free to use it, if you like.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Sorry to bother you, but I stumbled across your blog while doing a Google image search, and your name seemed familiar to me. I remember a Tom Foss who was a member of the old He-Man.org forums under the name "Sea Hawk," who used to write naked-Gun-style comedy stories for the site. Would that be you, by any chance?

If not, please disregard this comment, and I'm sorry if I wasted your time.

Tom Foss said...

One and the same! I've withdrawn a lot from He-Fandom, but I still pop in on the Org now and again. And of course, I bought the Sea Hawk figure when it came out.

How's it going?

SallyP said...

Why this is lovely!