So, I got tagged. Here is, as Kim Possible might say, the "sitch."
- I have to post these rules before I start.
- I have to tell you eight facts about myself.
- I have to tag eight people to participate.
- I'm supposed to leave a comment telling them they're tagged and to read my blog.
- And the tagees need to write their own blog post, telling us eight things and posting the rules.
On wit' da facts!
1. I've never been outside of the United States. I've never even been as far west as the Rockies. I love traveling, at least in principle, but I never seem to have the time and/or money to do so. I'm hoping to rectify that in the near future; at the top of the list of places I'd like to go are New York City and London. I'd like to make it out to D.C. again, too, since I wasn't able to see everything I would have liked to the last time I was there.
2. I don't drink alcohol, smoke, or do any kind of recreational drugs. I never have, and I never plan to. Being around cigarettes gives me a headache pretty quickly, and I'm a little too sensitive to it. As for the rest, my reasoning matches up pretty well with James Randi's (about halfway through).
3. I think the Marvel Zombies gag has more or less played out. "Dead Days" was so tedious that I left it on the shelf, the tie-ins have gotten progressively more desperate and tacky (the Spider-Man/MJ statue? Ugh), and I'm even beginning to tire of the Army of Darkness crossover. Time to lay this undead horse to rest for a few years, and find some other gimmick to milk.
Incidentally, though, the Marvel Zombie universe is still less depressing than the 616.
4. I watch "What Not to Wear." There, I said it. My quasi-roommate Colleen watched it a lot our Senior year of undergrad, and slowly but surely I got turned on to it. I don't go out of my way to see it, but if it's on, chances are I'll watch it.
5. I thought Transformers was going to royally suck, since it is a Michael Bay film, but the more previews I see, the more psyched I am to see it. I think it'll be stupid, to be sure, but I think it's going to be fantastically entertaining.
6. It bothers me to no end to see people like Brad Meltzer writing awful comics like Justice League of America #10, when I don't even know how to break into the damn business. I know I could do better than that, and I'd love nothing more than to get the chance to prove it, but I have no idea how to start.
7. I'm reading very little Marvel these days, but I'm really enjoying Spider-Man/Fantastic Four. Somehow, it has been absolutely everything I could have imagined it being.
8. I'm realizing more and more how great it would be to switch to drawerboxes for my comics, rather than the great white tower that I have to dismantle any time I want to get to the "S" books. It's just that the drawerboxes are so damn expensive. I'm sure I'll eventually make the transition, but it's looking to be later rather than sooner.
As far as tagging people, I honestly don't know who's been hit and who hasn't. If you're reading this and you haven't been tagged yet, consider yourself tagged.