Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hail Atlantis!

I was just going through the newest solicitations again, and I noticed this. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.
AQUAMAN: THE TWELVE #1
Written by Joe Kelly
Art by Doug Mahnke & Tom Nguyen
Cover by Phil Noto
Following the success of Kurt Busiek's AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS, the sea king stars in a new bi-monthly 12-issue maxiseries! Set during the early years of Arthur's reign, a deadly foe from the distant past has risen from the depths to destroy Atlantis, and Aquaman is powerless to stop it! Arthur must seek out the twelve gods who left Atlantis before it fell beneath the waves, or his new kingdom will be destroyed!
On sale March 14 • 1 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US

AQUAMAN: THE TWELVE #2
Written by Joe Kelly
Art by Doug Mahnke & Tom Nguyen
Cover by Alan Davis & Mark Farmer
Aquaman is on a quest to find The Twelve, the legendary gods of Atlantis, but some of them don't want to be found! Led by The Poet, young Aquaman's search brings him to Paradise Island, home of Wonder Woman! Will the Amazons help Arthur, or has he wandered into unfriendly waters? And who is the mysterious Physician?
On sale March 28 • 2 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Looks interesting, though I wish there were some preview art. I'm not sure about these new characters--the Poet? The Physician? They're really running out of names for these so-called gods in the DCU.

5 comments:

Your Ol' Pal Rob said...

This may be the first time I have seen a comic solicitation based upon an old Donovan song.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm one of the few people who actually LOVE Aquaman. So, this maxi-series sounds really interesting to me and will most likely go on my pull list. Thanks for the heads up!

Tom Foss said...

Before you go confusing your shop owner, Loren, you might want to look at this. I guess I ought to add a "Humor" tag to this post.

Jack Norris said...

Just glad that I'm not the only one who heard Donovan's voice saying "the Poet" and "the Physician" when i read that.
Ed-not-Jack

SallyP said...

Oh Tom...you rogue.