Saturday, January 06, 2007

30-Second Recap Contest!

Here it is, my entry for The ISB's recap contest! Click the images to bring up larger versions.
Is it just me, or does that font look less comic and more Simpsons?
Honestly, where would you get the idea that this was Loki?
I present this without explanation, to preserve the original.
If Civil War featured Congressmen going berserk and attacking the FF, it would be a much better story.
Special guest star!
This makes the whole crossover worthwhile.
There wasn't much deduction involved. Thor was just like 'oh, hey, it's Loki.'
This began the Mighty Marvel tradition of driving Wanda insane during every crossover.

Now you see why I gave up on my childhood dream of being a comic artist!

7 comments:

CalvinPitt said...

Well, I totally don't understand why you gave up drawing, it was beautiful. Especially how your Kingpin was eatinga donut in the panel.

It's the little things.

Unknown said...

Wow this ruled!!

SallyP said...

Hee hee!

Unknown said...

My favorite part is Juggernaut getting bonked on the head. That was awesome!

Derek said...

I liked how Juggernaut was Strong Mad.

Tom Foss said...

Derek: I was hoping someone would point that out :). I think I'm more proud of that than anything else in this piece.

Calvin: Sure, it's the little things. Like the little fact that I can't draw feet, proportion, or backgrounds. Or faces. Or hands. And unlike Rob Liefeld, I consider that a barrier to becoming an artist.

Thanks for the kind words, folks!

Anonymous said...

The panel of Magneto and Red Skull is the best thing I've seen all day. XD